Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Don't mess with old ladies who look like Danny Trejo

The Superbowl is a wonderful time of the year. Or so I'm told. I'm European so I have no connection with it whatsoever. I couldn't explain the rules of American football if I tried. I am interested in the ads however. It sparked my interest when I heard American people say they watch the Superbowl solely for the commercials. This made me check out some Superbowl ads and I quickly found my favourite. A Doritos ad from 2012 featuring the most bad ass grandma ever.



Look at her. Those battle-hardened eyes have looked death in the eye and said: 'Not today'. In the ad, she's in a electric wheelchair. I bet you there's a shotgun hidden somewhere in that thing. Luckily, she doesn't use it in the ad itself. That would be a bit too cruel, seeing as the kids in the ad are (probably) her grandchildren.

Not only is the ad really funny, it actually scored top of Ace Metrix's most effective Superbowl ads between 2010 and 2012. This means funny advertisements can definitely be effective!

Check out the bad ass grandma kick her grandson's ass for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment